Tuesday Night Dinghy Racing
July 1st – August 26th
We are piloting a new format for Tuesday night dinghy racing. Each Tuesday will be a mini 420 regatta with three short races followed by prizes (for everyone!) and a social. We are inviting all members and non-members — there will be no cost — and there is no age limit - great for parents and kids! We are especially interested in encouraging former SPSC junior sailors and instructors to come out and get back on the water.
Boats are available on a first come, first served basis. We recommend sailors arrive at SPSC between 5:30pm – 6:00pm with the first race starting at 7:00pm. Racing will run from July 1st – August 26th. In order to encourage participation there will be no cost.
For more information, email RJ at email@example.com.
The Ontario Summer Games are here in August.
Show your support for our junior sailors by coming out to race against the three teams that South Port Sailing School is sponsoring:
- Gokturk Tepe and Luca Marello
- Jesse Davidson and Dylan Brockman
- Alessia Mussio and Katie Butler
Opportunities still exist to sponsor additional boats for the summer games. If you would like to sponsor a boat contact Bob Fuller.
Benefits of sailing the Tuesday Night Series:
- Largest One Design fleet in Essex County
- Multiple races every Tuesday
- Improve your starting skills
- Improve your boat on boat speed and racing skills
- A very open and knowledgeable group to ask for help
- Competitive but also very relaxed atmosphere
Students taking Sailing Canada standard courses at SPSC will benefit from Tuesday Nights with improved boat handling skills and you will increase the chances for successful completion of their level.
The Facebook page will have the events posted.